Who says that laughter is the best medicine?
Well, of course, there is the Proverb that states, “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”
And then there is science, which we all look to for validation. According to several scientific articles, there are many health merits to laughter, for a variety of symptoms and medical conditions. These potentially therapeutic benefits range from cardiovascular to mental health and beyond.
10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF LAUGHTER
- Improves blood flow
- Supports cardiovascular (heart) health
- Promotes healthy immunity and natural killer T-cell function
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels and glucose tolerance
- Triggers release of endorphins
- Improves pain tolerance
- Combats stress and anxiety
- Improves depression
- Improves sleep and insomnia
- Enhances creativity and improves work productivity
Now, keep in mind that laughter is NOT considered a cure or reliable medical treatment for serious medical conditions. So, it is absolutely recommended to discuss any new or lingering health symptoms or medical concerns with your trusted physician.
The bottom line, aside from its potential to support health and wellness, LAUGHTER FEELS GOOD and there are no negative side effects or risks involved!
So, my prescription to you, free of charge: One hearty laugh, 3 times daily. Refill regularly.
Aesthetics and Wellness for Women, LLC